1. Updated genealogical data to reflect death certificates received over the several months:
- Cody McMANUS (Erie PA, 2 Jan 1932)
- Don KENNEDY (Santa Barbara CA, 5 Nov 1942)
- Harry E TAGG (Omaha NE, 17 Apr 1910)
- Steve HOLLEY (Erie PA, 10 Oct 1947)
2. Added Edward F KENNEDY’s second wife and children. His life after the death of his first wife, Mary Catherine Fitzgerald were previously unknown.
3. Updated genealogical data for Mildred CONVILLE STONEY and Vera CONVILLE MARTIN’s family.
Updated Tagg Family Biographical Sketch and individual data & photos from numerous articles from the Omaha World-Herald newspaper and follow-on research (e.g., censuses).
Added Tagg subpages for the most revealing articles:
- Tagg 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Harry E. Tagg Obit
- W.B. Tagg Bio – Omaha Gate City (1917)
- Her Men All Soldiers, Proud Mother (Nellie Inbody Tagg)
- Mrs Tagg Burned But Saves Life (1916)
Found Edward F. Kennedy’s death record in Albuquerque, Bernalillo Co., New Mexico (11 Feb 1918). This was the first sighting after his wife’s death on 8 Apr 1905. Edward F. Kennedy (printer for Pittsburgh Gazette) married Mary Catherine Fitzgerald in Pittsburgh in 1903. The location of Mary Kennedy’s death remains unknown (not recorded in the Pittsburgh death index). Edward still hasn’t been found in the 1910 US Census.
Added event oriented images (icon link on person entry):
- Thomas & Nora Fitzgerald Gravemarker (2001 visit)
- Edward & Catherine Conville Fitzgerald Marriage Photo (1901)
- John & Mary Lorena Conville Henkel Marriage Photo (1902)
- Peter & Loretta Mary Gordon Friday (1909)
Added Parents and Grandfather of Edward F. Kennedy to Person Pages (Edward married Mary Catherine Fitzgerald, 1903)
Updated Fitzgerald biographical sketch, photo gallery and individual entries using the following sources:
- Information and several photos provided courtesy of Noreen Lennon (granddaughter of James & Nora Scanlon Fitzgerald of Steeple Hill, Tieraclea, Tarbert, County Kerry Ireland) provided through email correspondence (Mar 2012).
- Retained information and several photos previously provided courtesy of Daniel T. Dougherty (grandson of Thomas M. & Nora Minihan Fitzgerald, Beaver, Beaver Co., Pennsylvania).
- Tarbert & Ballylongford (County Kerry, Ireland) Church Records from Irish Genealogy Website hosted by the Ireland Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht online www.irishgenealogy.ie
- Included obituaries for Thomas Fitzgerald Sr, Mary Fitzgerald, Thomas M. Fitzgerald and Edward Fitzgerald as linked pages.
- Included 1848 description of Tarbert, County Kerry, Ireland
- 1901 & 1911 Ireland Censuses
- U.S. Censuses, Newspapers, Passenger Lists, County Histories, etc.
Created three graphics to highlight the location of Ballylongford & Tarbert.
Added photo of Captain Charles J. Justice to his person entry. Capt Justice was a Civil War Veteran, Erie County Detective (PA) and Chief of the Erie Police Force.
The digital image was provided courtesy of my Aunt Mary Ann Runser back in 2005 but slipped through the cracks – until now!
Added person entries for my great Uncle Eugene A. Runser, his parents (Joseph Frank Runser & Barbara Helen Mog) and grandparents (John & Elizabeth Runser and John & Gertrude Mog).
Gene passed away in 2010. He was a good man, a patriot and my godfather.
Requiescat in Pace
Enabled gravemaker photos to be added to burial entries for individuals on person pages. A camera icon will show next to the burial details when a gravemarker photo has been added. The icon is a hyperlink that will take you to the gravemarker photo itself.
I’ve personally taken a number of gravemarker photos over the years and will slowly add them to the site. The initial installment of images have been added and include Erie Pennsylvania Cemeteries (Erie, Trinity, Calvary) and the gravemarker photos provided by Eileen Burton (Dec 2010) of Moore & Cushman markers in Vermont. I’ve also updated the FindaGrave Memorial info for all those entries known to have been buried in the Erie Cemeteries. Many of their memorials include additional gravemarker photos.
Participated in the Madison Family History Center’s Genealogy Open House on 18 Feb 2012. I created and used three talking papers on available Genealogy Programs, Online Publishing and Online Research Resources.
Added a webpages to list my surnames and geographic locations of interest.
Also conducted some maintenance updates (fixed broken links, added sitemap, switched search engine providers, etc.)