Added event oriented images (icon link on person entry):
- Thomas & Nora Fitzgerald Gravemarker (2001 visit)
- Edward & Catherine Conville Fitzgerald Marriage Photo (1901)
- John & Mary Lorena Conville Henkel Marriage Photo (1902)
- Peter & Loretta Mary Gordon Friday (1909)
Added Parents and Grandfather of Edward F. Kennedy to Person Pages (Edward married Mary Catherine Fitzgerald, 1903)
Updated Fitzgerald biographical sketch, photo gallery and individual entries using the following sources:
- Information and several photos provided courtesy of Noreen Lennon (granddaughter of James & Nora Scanlon Fitzgerald of Steeple Hill, Tieraclea, Tarbert, County Kerry Ireland) provided through email correspondence (Mar 2012).
- Retained information and several photos previously provided courtesy of Daniel T. Dougherty (grandson of Thomas M. & Nora Minihan Fitzgerald, Beaver, Beaver Co., Pennsylvania).
- Tarbert & Ballylongford (County Kerry, Ireland) Church Records from Irish Genealogy Website hosted by the Ireland Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht online www.irishgenealogy.ie
- Included obituaries for Thomas Fitzgerald Sr, Mary Fitzgerald, Thomas M. Fitzgerald and Edward Fitzgerald as linked pages.
- Included 1848 description of Tarbert, County Kerry, Ireland
- 1901 & 1911 Ireland Censuses
- U.S. Censuses, Newspapers, Passenger Lists, County Histories, etc.
Created three graphics to highlight the location of Ballylongford & Tarbert.
Added photo of Captain Charles J. Justice to his person entry. Capt Justice was a Civil War Veteran, Erie County Detective (PA) and Chief of the Erie Police Force.
The digital image was provided courtesy of my Aunt Mary Ann Runser back in 2005 but slipped through the cracks – until now!
Added person entries for my great Uncle Eugene A. Runser, his parents (Joseph Frank Runser & Barbara Helen Mog) and grandparents (John & Elizabeth Runser and John & Gertrude Mog).
Gene passed away in 2010. He was a good man, a patriot and my godfather.
Requiescat in Pace
Enabled gravemaker photos to be added to burial entries for individuals on person pages. A camera icon will show next to the burial details when a gravemarker photo has been added. The icon is a hyperlink that will take you to the gravemarker photo itself.
I’ve personally taken a number of gravemarker photos over the years and will slowly add them to the site. The initial installment of images have been added and include Erie Pennsylvania Cemeteries (Erie, Trinity, Calvary) and the gravemarker photos provided by Eileen Burton (Dec 2010) of Moore & Cushman markers in Vermont. I’ve also updated the FindaGrave Memorial info for all those entries known to have been buried in the Erie Cemeteries. Many of their memorials include additional gravemarker photos.
Participated in the Madison Family History Center’s Genealogy Open House on 18 Feb 2012. I created and used three talking papers on available Genealogy Programs, Online Publishing and Online Research Resources.
Added a webpages to list my surnames and geographic locations of interest.
Also conducted some maintenance updates (fixed broken links, added sitemap, switched search engine providers, etc.)
The FredQuest Website was completely revamped. Changes may appear cosmetic but were necessary to removing obsolete Microsoft FrontPage extensions which were causing problems with some webpages (e.g., photo galleries).
- Revamped Website HTML Coding
- Removed all FrontPage Extensions
- Standardized all webpages with the same Masthead & Navigation Bar
- Replaced all FrontPage Photo Galleries with Flash Galleries & added captions on most
- Replaced inline styles with css style sheet(s)
- Reviewed & updated external links
- Added Biographical Sketches for: FRED/FREDD, MONTGOMERY, BARNES, BODINE, KILLINGER, & MOORE
- Added links to pertinent FindaGrave Cemeteries on the Biographical
- Updated to SecondSite Version 4 (software used to created database